Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mexican Girl's Milestone...

I CAN MAKE TORTILLAS!

I would try to make them and they never would really work out. This time I wanted to give it my all.

(Here's a pic of MY tortillas I made this week...)




There are only 5 ingredients for flour tortillas: flour, shortening, salt, baking powder, and water.

But there are a bunch of little techniques you have to have COME TOGETHER at the perfect time to get a really soft, really fluffy, truley delicious tortilla: the perfect recipe, the rolling of the dough, the adding of the water, the waiting and sitting of the dough, the rolling out the dough with just the right amount of flour underneath it, the heat temperature of the pan. To cool of a pan, the tortilla will turn out like a cracker. Too hot, the tortilla will burn!

"What would blow their minds at dinner tonight?"

"What would blow their minds at dinner tonight?"